VANCOUVER OLYMPICS 2010 which is officialy known as the XXI Olympic Winter Games will be held on February 12–28, 2010, in Vancouver, Canada. Atheletes from ninety seven countries will be participated in 15 winter sports events. Popular winter sports such as speed skating, snowboarding, and ice hockey will be spotlighted in Vancouver.
The event also serves to spotlight the sightseeing attractions and outdoor adventures in and around the city. Sports lovers from across the globe, can also enjoy to see some beautiful places of Vancouver. Surrounded by water on three sides and nestled alongside the Coast Mountain Range, Vancouver is the largest city in the province of British Columbia with over half a million residents and one of the mildest climates in Canada.
Top 10 favourite places to visit during Vancouver Olympics 2010:
1. Vancouver Aquarium – Much more to see and do then look at exotic fish
2. Science World – A definite must-see; an interactive museum for the whole family
3. Museum of Anthropology – West Coast Canadian history and Aboriginal art
4. Vancouver Art Gallery – Features displays and traveling exhibits from a wide range of Canadian and international artists
5. H.R. Macmillan Space Center – Explore your sense of wonder about the universe, our planet and space exploration
6. Vancouver Maritime Museum – History of Canada’s Pacific port with artifacts, models, paintings and photographs
7. Stanley Park – 1000 acres of beaches, trails and forest; one of Vancouver’s true historic landmarks
8. Capilano Suspension Bridge – One of Vancouver’s most popular fixtures in a beautiful setting
9. Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Chinese Garden – An amazing, must-see garden patterned after a Ming-Dynasty Scholar
10. Granville Island – A wonderful waterfront public market with lots of family fun, entertainment, food and urban culture.